Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: No more Rye Cove rule?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member BeNjAmIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Simple solution is to throw out Regions all together. In football go with the top 16 teams in the state and play till we have a state champ. If top seed id Gate City and 16th is some school on the other end of the state then work out a place they can play by meeting in the middle. That or have the 16th travel to GC. It isnt like the VH$L doesnt have the money to fund for travel expenses. Heck I wouldnt mind paying $10 a playoff game to help fund such an expense. We can even do away with 4 regions and only have 2. Make it the East and West Regions. 8 teams from both. Similar to what Texas does.

    [/ QUOTE ]


    I completly agree with what this guy is saying he is exactly right. And if anyone has ever watched Friday Night Lights you see the plaoffs in full affect. In Texas, and other states, it is played so that bigger schools are mixed in with smaller schools, from 1A to 8A, and in those states no small schools have ever had problems in making it to the final 8 or evn the championship games.

    It makes them stronger and better as players which gives athletes from around here more of a chance to go play college ball. That is why most players that go anywhere in college, from VA, most of the time are b-ball players. Because all the High Schools do not play in divisions! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    [ QUOTE ]
    This really sounds like money is the deciding factor. Virginia High has the largest facility, i.e the the more box office money. Unfortunately, the smaller schools in the Region lose and the larger schools win. [ QUOTE ]


    Money is THE bottom line, the ultimate factor, in every decision made by public school officials. Doesn't matter if the decision has to do with academics of athletics, money rules. I'm sure there's no exception here in the principals' decision.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    That post is near hilarious. I bet I can name more Football players from region D that went to Division 1 colleges than you can name B-Ball that did the same. The reason they use the "A"'s is so they can divide the schools by size..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #34
    Inactive Member BeNjAmIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    I can name more for the Region to I am talking the whole state.

    So honestly unless you have any clue what you are talkin about don't say it! I don't mean that there are more out of our region. There are more as a state in general. Small schools need to quit complaining for once and realize that life is not fair.

    And I can name a few guys that have gone on to ply college ball maybe not D-1 but college in general.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    Mybe you need to go to a small school and see if your view changes. I've been in big schools and small ones and there is a need for divisions. As for athletes going Division 1, everyyear there are more football players that go than b-ball for the simple fact that there are more players on a football team and that enhances their chances. So, let's look at it like this, as far as pro athletes, I bet I can name more NFL players from VA than you can NBA or MLB. It helps to think out things before ya post.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #36
    Inactive Member BeNjAmIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    I bet you can too but I did not say anything bout pro athletes!

    I dunno what you are talkin about honestly I don't care. And btw Ihave been to small schools and I have been to bigger schools. student pupil count has no affect on teh sports, there are still the same number of players on each team. And the fact that there are not any states around us that have Divisions. divisions do u no good. Norton has beat plenty of Division 2 schools with ease. So I don't see how a school that has 182 students playin against schools with 482 students is different than in division 2 where we have 395 pupils playin against schools that can have a enrollment anywhere up to 695 students. It makes no sense to have divisions that is all i am sayin.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    I sort of think you guys are on the same side IMHO Divisions should be scraped but Like the states around us there should be a 4A or 5A system

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    all they would have to do is rename division 1 "A", division 2 "AA", division 3 "AAA", division 4 "AAAA", division 5 "AAAAA" and division 6 "AAAAAA"...lol..set the enrollment every 400 students. Then it is done...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    That or split schools into 6 equil parts based on enrollment and do not allow schools to play up or down but allow for mixed districts so rivory games still mean something

  10. #40
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Rye Cove rule?

    Yep...that should about do it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •